paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: A-5 vs. m98...........Is it really that different?

In Reply to: Re: A-5 vs. m98...........Is it really that different? posted by KnightWhoSays_Ni on Novembe r 03, 2002 at 20:00:26:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
mnsparky
on November 09, 2002 at 12:04:58

I have both markers, there is a fair price difference, I like the looks of the A-5 better, but that has nothing to do with your question. To evenly compare the two markers, you will have to get an agitating hopper for the 98, then you can look at them, I have noticed in cold weather, the 98 functions better, but I am running Co2, hopefully my switch to compressed air will help in that regard. A flatline is not yet available for the A-5, for those who like the flatline system. My 98 has a 14 inch barrel and a CAR stock, so, yes it is much longer than my A-5. I theory one could get a 98 with a flatline or RT Trigger and an agitating hopper for roughly the same price of a stock A-5. Shop around and ask yourself what you want, The 98 is simpler (no cyclone feed) and may be more reliable, yet I bought the A-5 because of the looks and the cyclone feed, and at the time they threw in the RT trigger for ten bucks...I could not pass it up. When I try out the hp tank or when the weather warms up (I have been playing in 35-45 degree temps...not good for co2), I'm sure my A-5 prob's will clear up.

Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.