paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: How much oil is enough

In Reply to: Re: How much oil is enough posted by Clayphoto on May 08, 2003 at 10:07:46:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
PigTech

on May 12, 2003 at 11:38:10
Forum Administrator

: Haven't/don't have any plans to clean it QUITE as much as what you're talking about I'll admit. Basically I buy a case of paint, I clean the gun.

: When I've done a full tear down I put as light of a coat of White Lithium as I possibly can and still cover all the O-rings on the bolts, plus where the shear and bolt make contact. My only real worry was between the cleanings if I was doing the oiling correctly.

Lithium grease can get gummy when exposed to cold CO2, and it's generally recommended to avoid it, in favor or a light coating of paintgun oil or air tool oil.

: As far as your last part, got the Female Palmer Stabilizer... that kicks butt! Got the 12" Teardrop and toying with the idea of an 8" Bigshot barrel. Someday for a B-Day or Xmas I'll get a 12V Revolution hopper. But for now the Custom 98 seems to come with it's own agitation system that's fairly effective. :)

Regulating CO2 can really help velocity stability (which in turn helps accuracy.) Hard to go wrong with the Stabilizer - it's time proven, I don't think any regulator has been on the market longer.

: For the other stuff.... if I start needing that then I'll probably be at a point that I will want more of a gun. And since I don't see that happening.....

Wise choice - a lot of people get into the idea that they've got to rush and spend a lot of money on "upgrades" (which often "fix" problems they don't have) or a new gun etc., instead of just enjoying the game.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.