paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: upgrades

In Reply to: Re: upgrades posted by Jason on April 25, 2003 at 17:29:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
tipp33mann
on June 01, 2003 at 10:24:40

: : Hi, I have a tippmann 98 custom. What upgrades do you think i should get for my gun. Or what upgrades do you think i should get for my gun that would make the biggest difference in my gun.

: ::Hey dude,

: A '98 is a great gun stock. I owned one for several years. However, I have seen too many people drop in aftermarket accesories that cost more than the gun for not much of a performance boost. They would have been better off starting with a stock Mag or Cocker.

: I did this with my '98.

: 1) I got a VL Revy loader. Helps keep ball chops down by assuring the balls are always feeding down the neck. A Revy loader is a good investment because you can use it with any gun.

: 2) I used CO2 with my gun, right off the stock set-up off the bottom handle. In the winter I used a siphon tank and it worked awesome.
: If that's not comfortable for you you could run a remote line ($30ish) and run the tank off a 4+1 on your back.
: Also you could run the tank vertical off the gun with a Tippmann vert tank adapter. ($40ish) Or run an expansion chamber ($30ish) in conjunction with the vert set up. This just depends on how you want to set up your tank. I wouldn't bother buying an aftermarket regulator for CO2.
: If you already run a HPA tank that's great, more shot to shot consistency, but less shots per fill than CO2.

: 3) I got a better barrel. I used a Smart Parts Teardrop ($50ish) and it worked great. Also JJ Ceramic, Lapco... any will work well, just your choice, ask to shoot some peoples barrels on you gun at the field for a game and see what you like.

: 4) PLAY paintball!! Practice and you will be a better shot! Get used to how the gun works and feels! Decide from there. If you don't keep the gun very long you still have a Revy you can use for another gun, maybe a remote line, and your CO2 or HPA tank. You won't have sunken much money onto a gun you don't end up keeping.

: If you love the gun then great! I shot a stock Prolite for 5 years till they made the '98, then upgraded. Maybe you want it to shoot faster, get the Tippmann response trigger, but make that decision based on having played, not on what you think you need before you get used to the gun.

: My email is jason_finnie@hotmail.com

: email for any questions or if you don't understand something I talked about, Jason

yea that should be all you need but i would suggest getting a HPA system and a regulator for about 190.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.