paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Apparent CO2 gas leak

In Reply to: Apparent CO2 gas leak posted by Clayphoto on June 02, 2003 at 01:47:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
PigTech

on June 03, 2003 at 13:12:05
Forum Administrator

: Developed a problem today on my Custom 98. Didn't cause a game time problem, but am cleaning the gun tomarrow and checking for advise.

: What happens is that when I attached my 20oz CO2 tank to my regulator, I heard a very faint noise from the gun that sounds like the propane moving through the gas line of a portable propane torch. You coule pretty much hear it anywhere around the gun. But where it sounded loudest was when you put on the stock elbow, and then put your ear next to the elbow. I tried twice to disconnect my tank and reseat in the ASA and it made no difference.

: I shot probably 600 rounds (using Palmer Stabilizer) and never did run out of air over the 2.5 to 3 hours I was there. At the end of the playing day, I put my ear up to an unloaded elbow again and could not hear anything. But the tank did feel lighter than expected when I had it refilled.

: Does this sound like something that changing my O-rings when I clean my gun tomarrow will fix? Or do I need to look another direction?

: Thanks in advance!

Sounds like your exhaust valve seal may have been damaged, not seated properly, or had some dirt or debris keeping it from closing all the way.

Since you were able to play a full day without running out of gas, I wouldn't worry about it, even if it hadn't gone away.

Since it did go away - if it was dirt or debris, it blew out, and you're fine. If it was a damaged seal it will eventually crop up again, and when it becomes big enough to be a problem, then it's time to tear open the valve and check/replace seals.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.