paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: 98 custom quiet it down

In Reply to: Re: 98 custom quiet it down posted by moosecustome on June 10, 2003 at 11:16:36:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
gregh
on June 11, 2003 at 00:08:31

Thanks for the response I was leaning toward the Full Boar rear cocker and this confirms that. AS far as paint I usually buy from the local paintball shop though I buy the 40-50 a case stuff. The brass Eagle came about because I wanted a backup CO2 tank and the pure energy are very cheap at Dicks and when there saw the Brass Eagle on sale. To be honest we have been trying to find the right paint for my son's autococker with a Dye Excel barrel and that paint is great for that gun and works as well as marbalizers and at 20.00 per 1000 it is cheap. We went to the local shop tonight and played at their field experimenting with many different types of paint. Accuracy improved dramatically with proper fitting paint but breaking paint also increased and I need to find the happy medium. AS far as noise I HAVE TO quiet this thing down. I know these are noisy guns but like I said there is a guy running a co2 set up and if he is 10 feet away he can not be heard it is that quiet. He does not have a ton of $$ in it and using a 40 sniper barrell. I hate to give up on the Dye Boomstick I just bought for $$ reasons and from what people tell me is a very accurate barrel but I need quiet operation as we play in a large wooded area where there is a lot of cover and with camoflauge the sound is the only way your opponents can zero in on you. I guess I am going to get the Full Boar. I have read the other posts on quieting down and the kits I have seen have silencer "cushions". The site suggested for silence mods in that thread is no longer up. I am also thinking of a bolt upgrade when I do the Full Boar and any other suggested mods to quiet it down. If I am still not happy after that then I will switch to that sniper barrel which might be the key to the whole noise thing. I really don't want to go to a compressed air/Nitrous system as I just put the exp chamber in as my Chronie reading were jumping all over the place.(though we do have 3 NO2 tanks that were given to us as payment we dropped an engine in a guys car)

: of course keep it
: try a new ball latch or a rebuild kit
: do not do not do not get a rocket cock, get a full boar shadow rear cock, although do not twist the rear knob on the shadow. also a barrel smart parts has a freak jr kit
: which has the barrel and 3 sleaves

: : Thanks for the response, paint might be an issue but it is a too small not too big issue as it rolls easily down the barrell. I was breaking a bunch of paint last week that was brass eagle and seemed to be right paint for barrell as the "blow gun" test worked right but I was breaking paint every game so I went to this midnight stuff and did not break any paint but (just like the Brass Eagle paint) the accuracy was way off asnd very inconsistent. I have also used reaper and that also curves. My son has an autococker and with the brass eagles he was shooting dead on and not breaking paint. I also need to quiet this gun down as I play outside mostly in the woods(large area) and stealth is a key. I am thinking to get a closed bolt system(rocket cock or other rear cocking system) and maybe a freak system to be able to match the paint. I want quiet and accuracy(distance would be nice but I don't want a flatline). Can I get this with my custom or ahould I dump it now and go to a higher level gun without dumping $$ into this thing.
: : Thanks Again

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.