paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Is flatline really good or does it suck?

In Reply to: Re: Is flatline really good or does it suck? posted by {GAG}Warlord on June 20, 2003 at 18:46:24:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
{GAG}Warlord

on June 20, 2003 at 18:51:55

: : Nothing is worse then to be in a situation where you are in a bunker and can see where your opponent is and do not reach where as soon as you pop your head out paintballs come flying by your head with amazing accuracy(though they do seem to travel very slowly so there is time to duck). The only way to punch him out is to move closer but you are meat as soon as you do. That is what is nice about the flatline. Now if you are closer up then it actually is a disadvantage as it loses a lot of accuracy at close range. Well the good thing is at least when it punches you out it doesn't really sting/leave welts as paintballs don't seem to hit as hard

: : : flatline for a m98 custom is not really worth it the initial setup is suppose to be too hard if you had a a5 i would say get it, that has a quick twist and is done

: : : a msrp of 120 for the flatline
: : : you can get a smart parts freak jr. "kit" for 109 which gives you the front, back, and 3 sleaves. I havent found a store that carries it yet but it is listed on their home page.

Man A Dye boomstick is the one I chose and it hasn't failed me ever.Accuracy, dependability and toughness are unmatched in my opinion.Yes the flatline has more range but once your in range with the boomstick(which isn't hard just keep your eyes open and you can see the shots coming from the flatline)it's all over, the guy with the flatline is going to the deadbox.Trust me on that!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.