paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Taking care of a gun

In Reply to: Taking care of a gun posted by Afunkybrassmonky on June 27, 2003 at 23:34:56:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Jack_Renter

on June 30, 2003 at 00:44:03

wow, yeah

lets see

its my philosophy, or something like that, that after each time i play i break down my gun

i basically take out everything except the main valve thingy

take out the front bolt, the rear bolt and spring stuff, take out the whole trigger assembly

after everything is out i wipe it all off with a rag, and wipe out the main two parts of the gun

and i think thats just about the whole gun, well i strip out everything i can basically

then i just lube everything up(coat it so its dripping almost0 and put it back in

the front bolt, rear bolt and all cocking stuff, all of the trigger pins and springs, ill put a drop or two in the end where you screw on the co2 tank, then i just shoot the gun 15-20 times and rub off all the excess oil that leaks out

i dont think you can really overlube the gun, or at least i havent yet, someone correct me if im wrong

the oil i use is Hoppe's 9 lubricating oil(high viscosity and penetration-for firearms finshin reels and all mechanisms)

i also have heard that you shouldn't mix different kinds oil, just because of different viscosities of the oil, or something, all i know is that mixing is bad

and as long as you put the gun back togother correctly you should have no troubles and a smooth shootin 98

this oil wont mess with the plastic parts at all, they will be un affected, as in they wont melt or break down

ok thats all, a clean gun is a good gun, and it is a .......... long .......lasting gun, and stuff......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.