paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: velocity

In Reply to: Re: velocity posted by Jack_Renter on June 30, 2003 at 01:10:31:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Mike Welk
on June 30, 2003 at 01:59:51

Okay. Well it seems i screwed it in all the way, which i was supposed to, but it looked like the screw wasn't even in there, but it was. .. sorry it was hard to see and i was using the wrong allen key on it so it wouldn't grab, hence why i thought it was gone. but yeah when i was shooting it so no air was going out that screw hole, so that makes sense. Thanks for the help tho. ANother question I have though is.. If anyone knows, with a flatline barrel, what's a good velocity to set it at? Anyone found a good speed ?

: well i have no idea how it fell out, thats odd, mayve you stripped out the threads when you screwed it in, (how hard did you tighten it)

: a regular parts kit or matince kit for the gun would not include such a screw, you will have to order if directly from tippmann or go through your local paintball store, i go to a small place espically for paintball(lonewolf) not a dicks or dunahams- i dont think they would order it for you

: it will probably cost you a few bucks, my friend purchased 3 screws he had lost and is was somethin like 5 bucks, im not sure about shipping charges

:
: "with no pieces left over and the velocity screw in. Wherever my screw went, I dunno but I lost it some how it just fell out"

: ^do you mean it was their when you put it back togother, but later you looked and it was gone

: or was it gone after you put it back togother(clarify this)

: i assume by "reader" you mean a chronograph

: and yes i could see it being as low as 195pfs, when gun is shot the pressure build up is what pushes the ball through and out the barrel, with a hole in the side of your gun(no screw) alot of that pressure is lost, the c02 just shoots out of the hole and is not acting on the ball.

: but as long as you get a new screw ordered you should be fine(assuming you didnt strip out the threads on the vavle in the gun-if so the screw would just fall out of the gun again)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.