paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: need some advice(sorry kinda long)

In Reply to: need some advice(sorry kinda long) posted by adrez on June 29, 2003 at 21:56:50:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on June 30, 2003 at 09:12:01

As far as mechanical accuracy, what I would do is get rid of the X-chamber and replace it with a Palmer Stabilizer. If you're truely playing the sniper part (as opposed to ambush), you won't be shooting much and won't need the X-chamber in the place. However, the Palmer does a bit of the job of the X-chamber on it's own. Also, Anti-Siphone tubes help keep liquid from entering your air system in the first place, eliminating the need for X-chambers again. More importantly, the Stabilizer makes your pressures much more consistant and therefore increases accuracy, something an X-chamber doesn't do.

As far as your sight line..... to put some context into this keep in mind that I am 6'3" with fairly broad shoulders. For me, if you put on a conventional stock on a Custom 98 then the sights are worthless as they are to WAY to low. Even with a butt plate on the CO2 tank it is a fight to use the sights. For me, I got a drop forward that moved my tank forward about 2 inches, and up about 1. Something to consider, but I would get rid of the stock. Simple rule of thumb for me..... if you close your eyes and put your gun to your shoulder, when you open your eyes you should already be seeing down the sights.

: my 98 custom setup is a flatline barrel,x-chamber,dropfoward,double trigger,pro team stock,rt,and a richoet ak loader,what i whant to know is what else can i do to make my gun more constient and accurate,and no i dont whant a lp kit,2 i have my gun setup for sniping,i play sniper,i whant to get a long rifle sight,and place it on my flatline sroud,but i think my loader would kinda block the view,can i put a raised sight rail on my flatline that way i cant see trough it with my mask on,becuse the stock kinda gets in the way,would a sight rail help me out,and would i still be able to do that without the loader in the way.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.