paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Keep it simple

In Reply to: upgrades for my m98 custom posted by licko on July 16, 2003 at 15:57:23:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Jason "Zippy" Finnie

on July 18, 2003 at 13:55:19

: hey whats the best 3 things i could do to my gun to upgrade it?
: nathan

@@@ Nathan, The '98 is a great gun. I owned one for quite sometime, but sold it to my friend so he could play regularly.

I have seen too many people drop twice what the gun is worth as far as upgrades and the performance improvment is marginal. Keep it simple!!

1) Get an agitated hopper, a 9v Revy will work great. Thiss will keep the gun feeding consistenly with less chance of breaking balls or jams.

2) A better barrell would be good. A Freak Jr would be a fine start, but if money is an issue, a Teardrop, JJ Ceramic, or such will work better than the stock.

3) Focus on the guns setup. You running CO2 or HPA? This last step if simply a matter of personal preferance

If you like the CO2 tank mounted as a shoulder stock off the handle then get an anti-siphon tube in your tank to keep liquid out. If you run HPA you're fine as is.

If you like the tank mounted vertically then it is a bit more to get the Tippmann vertical tank adapter but that will work fine too with CO2 or HPA.

Or, run the CO2 tank or HPA off a remote line on your back harness.

Dude, don't let people talk you into regulators or expansion chambers, they do not cure the problem of CO2 freezing up in the guns valve during high rates of fire. For almost the same price as a regulator and expansion chamber you can get a HPA tank for right around $95. You don't need a rocket cock back cocking system, reactive trigger, or electronic grips. I was one of the last people on my tourney team to go to a Cocker, and I played with a stock '98 for about 2 years, even though I've had a Mag for 10 years all along too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.