paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Flatline or not?

In Reply to: Flatline or not? posted by Soach on July 17, 2003 at 23:35:50:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on July 21, 2003 at 10:39:51

Zippy did an excelent job describing the mechanics of the Flatline so I'll skip that. For choosing a barrel.....

For game advantages, the Flatline has only two things going for it. In the woods on intermediate to long ranges is where it shines due to low tree branches. Hitting tree limbs is the bane of all woodsball players and most of those limbs seem to be waist level or higher. The flatline helps keep your paint below that waist line. Plus, since the shortest distance is a straight line, the Flatline also simply has less travel distance to be introduced to a tree limb.

The other advantage is for people that do not play alot and learn the projectory of their paint. Flatline by definition eliminates that issue.

In speedball, it's a real disadvantage especially when defending against the snake. In speedball, you depend a bit on droping paint a little bit over your bunkers. That's why sometimes it's easier to make a mid-ranged shot than a short-ranged one. VERY easy to sail paint over people's head with a Flatline.

If all of that is better than standard barrels, that's for you to decide better than we can tell you.

For standard barrels, my opinion is that if you're on a budget, I'd say get a CP 1 piece. For $50 or under you can get a fairly decent bore match.

If you got some cash to unload, the Freak Jr is good, but I recommend a Freak Starter barrel. Only costs about another $10-$20 more. But for that extra you get whatever insert you want, whatever front you want, and in a worst case scenerio a standard Freak back will resell for more than a Jr will. I found out Freak fronts add about an extra inch more than advertised. In my case, a 10" green Freak front with a .687 has worked wonders for me!

: OK i would like to get a new barrel for my 98 custum but i dont know if i should get the flatline or a 12 inch barrel. i just have two questions.
: What does the flatline barrel do and is it better than a regular 12 inch barrel.
: Please tell me. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.