paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Hopper Upgrade

In Reply to: Hopper Upgrade posted by DukieNukem on July 30, 2003 at 20:28:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on July 31, 2003 at 09:15:46

If that's a good hopper or not depends on how you play and what you want. For me, the fastest I ever have any desire to shoot is 6 BPS. Might be a reflection of the fact that I don't play to win Angels or against Pro Teams, but if I do I probably won't be playing with a Tippy anyways.

As long as you don't shoot over 8 balls a second, and 140 rounds is enough for you then it will probably be just fine and save you some paint money too. To me, there are three arguements against your hopper.

1) You will not be able to burn through $50 of paint in a 3 minute game.

2) I went up to a regular Revy because I wanted a 200 round hopper instead of 140. There's a point you can over do it, but for me the less often I have to think about my hopper the better.

3) Personal experience is that VL hopper are fragile. I'm 6'3" and play mid and a little front so I hit decks and bunkers fairly hard at times. But my 12V Revy was heavily cracked at the stem my first week. At the end of the 2nd week my hopper almost fell off. My pro-shop sold me a metal insert that you put between the two shell halves. Looks like they'll last about 8-10 weeks now but that's still less than acceptable for a $50-70 hopper to me.

Hope that helps!

: Well, I felt like I needed a better hopper for my 98 Custom (I only had the stock hopper) so I got a VL Quantum, because I dont have an RT and I dont need a super-fast, super-expensive hopper. I put it in and it seems to do the trick for me, but I havent yet played with it and I've already had people tell me its the worst hopper you can get for the 98 Custom. Any other feedback? Should I return it and get something else? Thanks...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.