paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Tell me if this would work?

In Reply to: Tell me if this would work? posted by m98sniper89 on August 12, 2003 at 00:09:43:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Leire "Raptor_49" Balder
on August 28, 2003 at 12:52:34

Yes, it would work. No, you needn't worry about blowing the top off of your hopper; I have done it to other guns that I own in the past and it works wonderfully; I have never had a single jam on any guns I have done it to. The only thing I would worry about is *where* you drill the hole. My best advice would be through the velocity screw (very tricky, as you have to get it lined up straight through), or if you have a custom, drill out that black nubben on your valve assembly (if you take out your valve assembly, at the front there is the power tube, going back to where it thickens from the power tube to the valve assembly proper; about halfway down the valve assembly is the braided steel hose that leads out to the duckbill and CO2 tank, just behind it, after rotating the assembly 120 degrees, there should be a black nubben of plastic). Tippmann was even considerate enough to drill a hole in the aluminum body so you can run your hose right out and up to your hopper. Either should work, but please be sure your gun isn't gassed up! I'm no airsmith, so I can't gaurantee that it is 100% safe, but I know from experience that the velocity screw works safely, and I am guessing that the nubben on the 98c is safe because it was designed to accomodate the extra gas for the RT. If you already have an RT, you might try stealing some gas from that assembly somehow . . .

-Leire

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.