paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: expansion chamber, anti siphon, or regulator

In Reply to: expansion chamber, anti siphon, or regulator posted by petrong1186 on September 11, 2003 at 17:26:36:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on September 14, 2003 at 02:23:01

My advise largely follows the others here. First off if you use your tank as a bottom line, I strongly advise an anti-siphone no matter the weather. They are at least as effective (I think real world usually better) than an expansion chamber, and help out regulators. And in my case, it cost a grand total of $10 a tank.

Second, the Palmer Stabilizer. My 5 shot velocity range went from a 25fps spread down to about 8-10. Just as important, my velocity doesn't change througout the day with the temperature.

As posted before, male and female setups are the major options if you get a Palmer. My advise, male is good when your primary concern is to not alter the grip or possition (like previous drop foward changes)and you do not use or mind the front grip change, then male is best.

If you have already considered changing the feel of your gun by moving your tank, do not want to change your foregrip, want maximum flexibility in adjusting your gun down the road, and/or just don't know what to do, get the female. With the male, there is only one way to install it. With the female, there are any number of adapters you can find to adjust the angle of the bottle, and an infinate number of ways to move the bottle/regulator with drop forwards. Plus, with the female is a natural regulator for remote systems if you want to go that way.

If you're worried about cost difference between the two, you're normally talking nickles and dimes for a Tipppman. With the Female you will need to get an adapter to get the reg to the mount. With the male, you'll have to get Tippmans air adapter. Non-issue to me.

Hope that helps!

: the winter is just around the corner and i like to play all year round(my friends think i am crazy). i was wondering for winter play to keep liquid CO2 from going into the internials, should i get an expansion chamber, anti siphon, or regulator, and what make and model should i get.

: thank you in advance
: dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.