paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Big Shot or JJ Ceramic

In Reply to: Big Shot or JJ Ceramic posted by Burkie on September 25, 2003 at 18:57:22:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on September 26, 2003 at 01:50:59

As far as accuracy, distance, chops, ect, those two are going to be pretty simular. Only technical difference I think you'll notice is one barrel or the other will probably give you less shots per tank fill (probably the J&J would give less), but I don't think it'd be enough to worry about.

I think the real difference will come in how you play the game. If you are somebody that likes to lay down alot of high rate of fire bursts, the J&J would be the obvious buy as any bursts and chops will get cleaned out faster with the J&J by follow up shots. With the Big Shot 8", it is very easy to play tighter in bunkers and easier to hide in the woods by not having as long of a gun to get spotted by.

Both would be good barrels without spending to much on a single bore barrel. If you still have the stock Tippmann barrel, my suggestion would be get either of the two barrels. They'd both be a big improvement.

: I've got the choices down to 2. But now I need help.
: I Play Woods games mostly but like to snip from time2time. Is the ceramic that much quiet'r and does that scrafice Distance?

: My 98C is cry'n for a new barrrel.....so
: Any input if you have used these two barrels would be great. Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.