paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: response trigger

In Reply to: Re: response trigger posted by c98sniper on October 14, 2003 at 23:26:51:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on October 15, 2003 at 09:40:57

About 4 months ago I was running with 20oz CO2 tanks with Anti-Siphons and a Smart Parts Teardrop barrel. Everything else was stock. I've done 3 upgrades since that has made a real difference in the way I play. In order thought I bought the upgrades were;

1) 12V Revy; I very rarely shoot over about 4 balls per second. What I was getting tired of was crawling for a minute or making a run-through just to have my first to shoots shooting blanks. Since getting the Revy, I have never pulled the trigger and had a skipped ball.

2) Palmer Stabilizer; Probably the best single investment I've made. Before when I tried would try to set my chrono to 285fps, my center range (where 8 out of 10 of the shots) would range about 265 to 285. The entire range would be about 260 to 290. With the Stabilizer (and new barrel) my center range now is about 280 to 285. The widest range I've had in the past several months has been 270-285.

Just as important is that when it comes to temperature, the Stabilizer lives up to its name. The final straw for me to buy it was when I chroned my gun at about 10AM to top out at 280fps. At about 3PM (and a raise in temp of about 30 degrees), somebody complained I was shooting hot. Sure enough, the chrono said I was shooting 290-315.

Since installing my Stabilizer (when it was about 105 degrees outside) I made my first adjustment to velocity 2 weeks ago when it was 65 degrees. Never shot hot, never shot down. The two bonuses is that I can still use the Stabilizer when I convert to N2 someday, increased accuracy, and buying this was the perfect excuse to get a drop forward that fits my body size perfection.

3) Freak Starter Barrel with 10" Freak front and .687 insert. This was a buy that really complements the regulator. Since I always buy paint that happens to be bored .687, it makes my Palmer that much more efficient. Net result is even more velocity and shot pattern consistency.

Also since I got a couple inches shorter barrel, and my drop forward shortened the rear end about 4 inches, people now have about half a foot less of me and the gun to shoot at. That means that finally this 6'4" guy can finally fit in the half bunkers at the speedball 50 and still survive longer than 10 seconds.

Hope that gives ya a few ideas to think about!
Clayton

: i have a 98 custom with a jj ceramic barrel, rear velocity adjuster, rocket cocker, and a custom thumb screw kit, and of course a jt nforcer thermal mask. are any of you sure i really need an agitated hopper, i try to only take shots that i can make or that are worth trying. i dont see the reason for a motorized hopper considering im not shooting fully auto. the palmer can get up to $110 for the setup and it almost seems like an overkill for minor co2 variations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.