paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Barrel Upgrade

In Reply to: Barrel Upgrade posted by Hecman on October 22, 2003 at 16:54:34:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on October 22, 2003 at 17:25:42

Really, either will be an improvement. If it was me, I'd get a 12" CP barrel with the smallest bore you can get and still blow your field paint through with your mouth. Matching your bore to your paint will give you the best accuray and most consistent velocity.

For getting increased range.... we could talk all the theory we want. But what will set your range is your velocity. I would just worry about how long you want the barrel and what kind of bore you want.

Hope that helps!

: I use a stock 98 Custom and the first thing I'm grading is the barrel. I been to the field and saw the good and bad of the stock 8.5" barrel. My question is should I get a CP One Piece 12" or a Dye Xcel 12" barrel? Both cost the same at my local store. Both look the same to me. I just want more accuracy and little more range then what my stock barrel can do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.