paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: thoughts on 98 e grip and sear tripper

In Reply to: thoughts on 98 e grip and sear tripper posted by jason on November 10, 2003 at 19:09:51:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on November 11, 2003 at 09:58:36

Last I noticed those, I saw those for $200-$250. I would argue that for most people spending that much on a C98 just isn't going to be worth it.

If you add another $50 to that price range, then you have moved yourself into the options of brand new Automags, Autocockers, A5's, Bushmasters, and could even get into Impulses if you're willing to go used. All of the guns above have more potential than a C98 will. Buying one of them for $250 will also give you a 2nd gun at the field in case something goes wrong with one or the other.

When I bought my C98 several people told me a rule of thumb is that if run off the break and are holding $500 in your hands, your C98 has gone as far as a 98 can really go. A bore matched barrel, regulator, and electro hopper later I have to agree with them.

Your advantages to the Egrip are that you will have nice firing modes IF your field will allow them. You also get rid of some of the mechanical trigger pull and more of a touch bar feel without having to get used to an entire new gun.

You will get more firepower compared to a single mechanical trigger. If it is more firepower than a mechanical double trigger is arguable and it really isn't any more than response trigger (which is half the price).

In the end, the only person I would recommend an Egrip for from what I've seen on the field is somebody who wants a light trigger and cannot deviate at all from the feel of the gun.

: thinking about buying e grip of sear tripper, what do you think about em pro cons and what not thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.