paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Next upgrade?

In Reply to: Re: Next upgrade? posted by moosecustome on November 26, 2003 at 13:13:39:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Wings11
on November 26, 2003 at 19:48:09

: the only thing I can think of is to get more barrel inserts.

: your A5 is about as maxed out as you can get other than a reactive trigger or e-grip which I wouldn't get either, the double trigger it a personal preference I like mine.

: also the after market bolt is a waste of money yet.not one person has had good luck with one of these that I know.

: also how do you like that barrel, what are your groupings with it, I was thinking of getting one of these.

The barrel works great for me. Me and a friend crono'd together. He got his set to 280 +-15 with stock. I set my velocity screw to match (i didnt have RVA or palmer stab on at the time). I was shooting 360 +-8. I had to put my screw almost all the way in to get down to 280.
Also the accuracy was excellent. I din't do any specific testing for shot grouping but if I managed to put 3 out of 3 rounds into the side of a guys pod just after he reloaded from about 15-20 yards.
The only downside is you really need a wrench or the tool it comes with to change out the inserts and get them tight enough to put the barrel on and off without them slipping. Once I got the right barrel insert in and tightened down I was able to take the barrel on and off the gun at least 30 times and havn't had any problem with the insert comming loose.
I got the set off e-bay for only $100 new. Absolutely worth every penny.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.