paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: benefits?

In Reply to: benefits? posted by Wimpy_Boy on December 02, 2003 at 23:17:32:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
moosecustome

on December 03, 2003 at 12:34:55

well this is a simple question, first it will be personal preference, second is what I have seen, the first being price stock 98 is around 100 bucks spyders are from 70-500 stock and a base cocker is 350, I would get a cocker over a 150+ priced spyder so that leaves 3 choices
1 tippy 98c for 100-130
2 spyder 70-150
3 cocker 350

of course you need to factor in other gear now
goggles at least spend 40 any less isn't worth it
you need air well you going c02 or scuba
co2 will be under 20 get a cromoly 16oz or scuba will be 100-800 I would pick a crossfire 45-45 or a 68-45
then you need to feed these machines paint a stock 98c and spyder can use a gravity hopper the cocker you will need a agitated hopper at least 50 for a revy with xboard.
now if your a gun slinger you will need a pod harness this can easly cost 50 bucks

then if your thinking the 98c or spyder you will likely want an upgraded barrel 40-100 I understand the stock spyder barrel is ok to start but the 98c barrel sux.

and my buds hopped up spyder is a high maintence rig my hopped up 98c has had no problems
so this adds up to what?

so first get good comfortable goggles I use JT Nforcer
second get a player pack 98c or spyder (sometimes goggles are included shop around for player packs not all are the same, some will give you items you would prefer)
third enjoy

fourth consider upgrades, barrel, regulator, drop forward, double triggers, agitated hopper, compressed air

since you asked this question you are not ready for a cocker, I would only recomend this if all your friends are using this. then they would be able to help you learn your marker.

: anyone know why i should pick a tippmann 98 custom over a spyder or a cocker???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.