paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Regulator, stabilizer ??

In Reply to: Regulator, stabilizer ?? posted by Chad on December 15, 2003 at 13:43:03:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on December 16, 2003 at 11:50:10

If you're going to get a regulator, which is not a bad idea at all for a Tippmann, I think Palmer Stabilizer's are the hand's down best choice. The reason is that there are very few regulators out there that handle CO2 very well and also do good with N2 tanks. Net result, you can see an immediate performance upgrade with your present equipment, and will compliment another gun or an N2 upgrade if/when you go to that step.

If you do go Palmer, your real decision is going to be if you want a male or a female version. For a custom 98, don't worry to much about price because in the end they will cost virtually the same. With the female, you'll have to buy a mounting block or ring. With the male, you'll have to buy a vertical adapter to put into the gun.

The operation between a male and a female are identical. The difference is where do you want to have your gas line, and how do you want your gun to feel. With the male, it will replace your foregrip and you will have an air connection about 2" below the metal frame of your gun. I find gripping a smooth bodied regular, air connection, and air hose uncomfortable, and it's clumbsy if you cup the bottom of the regulaor. Other people like it. You're the only one that can say if that's an issue or not.

With the female, you will have your tank or your remote connection screw directly onto your regulator. This means if you don't move your tank very far, you can use your pre-existing air hose that came with your gun.

My suggestion..... it sounds like you want to change how the gun holds in your hands since you want a drop forward. My personal opinion, get the female Palmer Stabilizer with a ring adapter and go to a Pro-Shop to have them help you design a drop foward assemply that will custom fit you correctly. If you get a female, then there will be no surprises on how your airline moves with your drop foward setup. Plus, if you ever need to swap out the regulaor with another gun, it's easier to do when it becomes an extended piece of the tank.

In my case, I ordered the Mini-Drop foward and ring assemply directly from Palmer. On my 6'3" body, that places the gun so that the back of the gun is 2" from my mask, and the rear sight is directly in front of my eye when the tank is shouldered. I'd have the pro-shop help you though because if you did the same thing you may end up with an uncomfortable gun.

One other tip.... I thought the ring mount would be to fragile the way I crawl and bellyflop with my gun. Don't worry about it, it works fine. However, the screws in the ring mount have a tendency to back out and loosen up with use. I went out and got a small tube of blue Loc-Tite. I didn't even cover all the threads with the stuff, maybe half the length of the screws. Over the next 4 months, I have never had to touch the screws again and everything is perfectly secure.

: I recently purchased a 98C and I am new to the game, I would like to purchase a drop forward and a regulator or stabilizer for a more consistent shot group in all weather. I am a little confused on what would be best as I do not want to waste money on unnecessary equipment. Any help, and teach me like I am a 10 year old.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.