paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Regulator, stabilizer ??

In Reply to: Regulator, stabilizer ?? posted by Chad on December 15, 2003 at 13:43:03:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Jason "Zippy" Finnie

on December 16, 2003 at 14:09:47

: I recently purchased a 98C and I am new to the game, I would like to purchase a drop forward and a regulator or stabilizer for a more consistent shot group in all weather. I am a little confused on what would be best as I do not want to waste money on unnecessary equipment. Any help, and teach me like I am a 10 year old.

Dude,

Any money you spend on items to make your gun comfortable for you, I would consider that wise. I personally use a drop forward and love it.

As far as air goes. If you have access to a field or store that fills compressed air, I would say go for it. Let me expalin why. CO2 is unstable, it can freeze up under high rates of fire, leading to velocity drop offs. In the summer it can spike your velocity as the day gets hotter. It is dirtier than Compressed air, and can be harsh on o rings throughout the gun. Many people will get an expansion chamber or stabilizer to limit these negative affects of CO2, but they are still present none the less, no matter how small.

If you are willing to spend money for a good regulator, my advise is save up and just get air. Compressed air performance is unaffected by high rates of fire, temperature, which in turn means a more consistent velocity, and a more consistent shot group.

A nice tank to get is a Crossfire 68/3000, with a preset output pressure of 850. The tank itself comes with a regualot on it, and runs $130. Another tank you could get is a PMI Pure Energy, for under $100 you can get the smallest tank they have. Both of these tanks already have regualtors on them, are preset to a high enough pressure to fire your gun, and can be screwed into your Tippmann just like CO2.

just my .02

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.