paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Power Tube

In Reply to: Re: Power Tube posted by petrong1186 on December 20, 2003 at 19:33:34:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
psychoCHIPMUNKK

on December 26, 2003 at 13:56:05

: I had the very same problem not too long ago. to take out the power tube, you had to take the entire valve out of the reciever of the gun. that broke the factory seal on the valve bolts (those two little ones on the right reciever). all you have to do is put a little loctite on the bolts and but the valve back on. let the locktite cure for a few days then try the gun again. should be fine (you do NOT need locktite 273. that is the red super strong sh!t that well never come out. instead get the blue locktite [i forget the number] and that will sork just fine

: dan

: : I've got 98C a year old (or it will be in 10 days), and i had to replace the power tube after the little nub for the RT broke off. Not sure how it happened, but it was in the middle of a 600 man game, not fun. But anyways i ordered another power tube through a friend who owns a PB store and installed it ok. Now i've got the problem of the velocity jumping all over the place. When the velocity screw is where it normally is for 280 fps., it has a velocity of a max of 20 fps either side (ie. 260-300 fps) and for some reason it wil shoot a signle high shot then the next one would be low. Since i've got the flatline, it's very picky about having the velocity too high (it can send the balls off in odd directions) Just out of curiosity, i unscrewed the velocity screw until it was almost all the way out, and it had a 322-238 fps range, rather messed up if you ask me. But anyway, any idea of what might be causing it? i know that it sorta point towards the power tube, and i was already considering getting the DOP Custom 98 Pro Seal. Any help would be wonderful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.