paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker
Re: Bolt Question:isnt that wrong?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by Razorpb on October 25, 2002 at 18:53:48:

In Reply to: Re: Bolt Question:isnt that wrong? posted by elamenopee on October 25, 2002 at 17:47:21:

How far back the bolt/block travels is totally controlled by the length of the cocking rod. If you shorten it too much you will not even catch the sear. My timing practices were gleaned from Ravi Chopra's web site, check it out it may help you. If you see you bolt in the feed tube in the natural state, you short stroke the trigger you miss the ball, or worst case you partially load the ball and chop (if you don't have the front reg set correctly, if it is set correct and you short stroke the bolt will stop on the ball rather than chop through it). If you don't see the bolt in the natural state and you short stroke, there is that extra margin for error 1-2mm that can save your butt. Just try it out and see if it helps, you can always go back to how you have it now. Seeing is believing.

Razor

: : Tighten down you cocking rod in the marker and use a wrench like Vampyr said, loosen the set screw, and then back the nut off a little and cock the bolt back and see where that leaves it, can you see the tip of the bolt? If so it's not far enough, keep going but don't go further than about 1mm back from the feed tube. Then using the wrench to hold it again and tighten the set screw, and your done. Hope it helps.

: : Razor

: on mine, the bolt shows when i cock the back block at resting position, but when gassed up, it moves all the way back, until the bolt clears the breech. Somebody explain to me if im wrong, but wouldnt it be less of a shortstroke possibility if the cocking rod is shorter, because it would be cocked sooner in the back stroke in case of a shortstroke? when set like you guys suggest, it cocks at the very last portion of the backstroke, thereby increasing the chance of missing the lug? please tell me if im wrong, i need to adjust it ifi am.
: jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.