paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker
1 Inch diameter mini guage 0-1,200 psi

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont on October 25, 2002 at 22:38:38:

In Reply to: Re: Black Magic Autococker - Pressure Questions posted by Razorpb on October 25, 2002 at 11:35:53:

http://g3pb.com/

Go to: CO2 HPA

Scroll down to guages.

The mini guage will screw straight into the thread of the front block plug. 1/8 NT Thread. I own one installed right there.

The cheaper, larger guage is too large and will inot clear the inline reg.

Not to say you couldn't put in a 90 elbow for about $4 more and have either size guage mounted facing the side.

I like mine facing down. It is well protected there.

I tend to fall down a lot... My brain gets excited and thinks I am 20 years old and takes off. Suddenly, I dicover my 52 year old body is about 6 feet behind my brain going like heck trying to keep up. The result is pretty ugly.

If it is on the side it is handy to see but easy to rap on something. If you go with the side mount, I'd carry the plug, some teflon tape and the tools to remove the guage and re install the plug in case you break it.

I figure nobody is going to be looking at a guage when they are playing anyway. No point in adding weight you can't use. Just handy for tweaking and diagnosing problems.

Now you Could put a 90 degree elbow facing forward, add a 3-4 inch 1/8 NT pipe, then a union then plug it with a guage facing forward right infront of the shroud / regulator. Now you have a $5 "volumizer" that isn't too pretty but would function just fine to increase the volume of the chamber behind the valve for LP application.

Make that Black Magic really ugly looking but you would have function....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.