paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker
Re: low press. cycling question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by Vampyr on October 27, 2002 at 20:27:15:

In Reply to: low press. cycling question posted by elamenopee on October 27, 2002 at 19:42:16:

How can you leave a perfectly functional cocker alone? Yes the front reg is fully responsible for the cocking pressure. The number one thing that will help reduce the required force is to go with a lighter mainspring, which will usually require you to change the valve spring, (get a valve tool). Yes it will have a detrimental effect on feed rate, but it won't really make a difference untill you try to push over 12 BPS (probably higher than that, there are other things that make a bigger difference). Changing the main and valve springs will usually reduce the operating pressure as well.
If you aren't comfortable with really digging into your gun, there is nothing wrong with leaving it alone. BTW most chopping is from shortstroking the trigger rather than any defect or problem with the gun.

: Hey guys, i need to tap into your vast autococker knowledge again..
: I have a black magic 02' and im thinking of lowering my cycling pressure to avoid breakage. Now am i right by thinking that its all in the fron reg? If i get a palmer or oracle tickler, and adjust the pressure is that all i have to do? Im very hesitant to do this untill i know exacly what kid of result i will get. I know that a derlin bolt will glide smoother, making for lower pressure, is this right? So maybe a orracle bolt and a front reg? How about springs? What cons can i expect? I hear that your shooting rate will falter, but thats not a big deal to me. As long as i can get 7+ bps,im good. This is an entirely differentthing from acheiving a "low pressure marker", right? That refers to the shooting press. right? The other thing that im thinking is, not to mess with it in the first place, because it IS a black magic running just fine, except for ball breaks.
: thanks in advance
: jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.