paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker
Got both of us on this one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by vantrepes on Novembe r 05, 2002 at 01:37:51:

In Reply to: Re: Vantrepes or Vampyr posted by Vampyr on Novembe r 04, 2002 at 23:36:06:

First thing to check is the paint to barrel match. Without a good match, AND good paint, the consistency is never going to be there. Don't think mid-price rec paint is going to shoot like top of the line tourney paint, it just isn't going to happen. LP guns are VERY sensitive to paint match, and consistent paint. I have found with LP cockers, it's better to have a loose fit, and sacrifice some efficiency, than to have a perfect fit with so-so paint.

Second, check the timing. Make sure the hammer has completed it's cycle before the back block moves at all. If the block is catching the hammer as it strikes the valve, the consistency suffers.

Once you are sure it isn't the above, work on the reg setting. Try it with the IVG set half way, one quarter of the way in, and flush with the body. See what works best with your springs. MAKE SURE YOU USE TOP OF THE LINE PAINT!!! I can't stress that enough. If you use econotricycle, how are you going to tell if it's the gun that's inconsistent, or the paint?

Clean and lube your in-line reg. LP guns are sensitive to bad paint, but even more touchy when it comes to input pressure.

If none of those help, try a new spring combination. Even if you use the same tension springs from a new kit, it can help.

Also, clean the lower tube of the body, and the valve. Over time, dirt and grime can build up and cause drag on the hammer and valve stem. I have mostly seen this in guns where they are used on dry dusty fields, and the grit gets into the body of the gun.

Hope those help,
Vantrepes

: Condolences on the "GLAD" I don't have one... Have you read Vantrepes article on sweetspotting? I'd write one, but I don't have the eloquence of Vantrepes. Basically set your IVG flush and adjust the reg for maximum velocity. If it is over field legal, you need to adjust your hammer/valve springs to get it down, if it is too low (more than about 50 FPS) adjust them to get the velocity up. Then look for the most consistant. It is usually just a hair off best velocity. Then use the IVG to fine tune the velocity. Some people start with the IVG in a bit to fine tune either direction, but if it is too hot flush, it is always too hot, IF you need to turn it in abit, whats the difference between starting flush and starting in a couple turns? If the springs are right either will work, but you have to play with it to make sure it's not too hot if you start in a few turns...

: : Hey, I have a LP cocker and need a little help. I use a rat valve, aci hammer kit, bandit bolt, freak barrel, palmers front, stock 2000 body, quickfire gripframe, and mac dev gladiator reg. OK, now heres what i was curious about: the mac dev reg is suppose to be "the reg" and my gun seems to jump around +/- about 10 fps. is there anyways to pull them closer, cuz ive read about sweetspoting my reg, but i didnt quite get it. I really want to learn how to make my gun more consistent, and my guns ready for it, i jsut need to know how ot tighten the #s up a bit. i was thinking about drilling the holes for the ASA bigger, as to unrestrict the flow, do you think that would help? well your opinions and thoughts would be appreciated.
: : Danny

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.