paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: High or Low pressure?

In Reply to: High or Low pressure? posted by HitMe on November 12, 2002 at 09:39:53:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 12, 2002 at 10:46:59

First, have you checked with the PLAYERS on your local fields to make sure you can get a 4500 filled to at least 4000+ ? I've got a 4500 and rarely can get over 3500 and I have experienced that on 7 fields, 4 stores, and 3 out of town scenerio games. Few places have a source or booster equipment that will deliver 4500. Most run off tanks that come with 4500 and after a few fills off it is well below. Consider the expense if you can't use it... If you are looking for shot capacity, make sure you get it or you can come up short. A 68 x 3000 or 4500 will and you can get THAT filled.

: What do STO Autocockers run on?
They run on either very well. The STO reg will step it down from either slightly.

The thinking is your inline reg doesn't have to work so hard if the supply pressure is within 200-300 psi of its output pressure. Thus more consistent velocities and accuracy.

Remember that 200-300 psi difference won't move as fast through the internal plumbing as a HPA with 400-600 psi difference. You can have shoot down problems if you have any flow restrictions. I have an adjustable reg on my tank and I had to set it at 800 psi to feed it through my remote hose. Less would give me shoot down at high rates of fire.

I run a HPA on my LP cocker and get within 5-10 fps shot to shot. I have found that paint is the biggest factor in consistently velocities. You have to be using the $80 a case stuff to get 5 the Marbs, Allstar, etc at $60 run 8-10 psi with the same set up. $45 field paint is 10-20 fps Simply a matter of how round the ball is and how the seam falls in the barrel and how much blow by you get past the ball.

If you have a back up marker and might want to use this tank on it, keep that in mind.

The dual regulated tanks get a little heavy and offset the benefits weight wise of a fiber wrapped.

You don't really need 3 regs on a cocker. Just an invitation for one more thing to go wrong.

Well, thats the pros and cons. Without knowing what your performance goals are and type of play you are buying it for it is hard to be more specific.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.