paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Your right...

In Reply to: Here is why the sweet spot didn't work posted by vantrepes on November 22, 2002 at 00:23:09:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on November 22, 2002 at 12:43:19

It will gas out the barrel with the hammer resting on the valve. I need to remedy this soon because I just got a pump conversion kit and I don't want it to leak if I don't follow up with a quick, second ball chambering. I get about 600 shots with the current setup, so efficiency isn't my main concern, I can deal with it as is, but I would like it to not vent with the hammer down. What spring kit do you use?? Do you mix different kits together?

Razor

: With the stiff valve spring, and the light main spring, there is a lot of pressure holding the valve closed, and not a whole lot of force being used to open it. As the pressure goes up, the resistance to the valve being opened also goes up. With the spring combo in your gun now, your sweet spot is going to be putting the balls out at about 140 fps or something.
: Try this: Either shut the LPR down all the way, or hold the back block closed, and pull the trigger. I'm willing to bet the gun starts venting out the barrel. With this type of set up, the valve isn't closing itself once it has launched the ball, the back block pulling the hammer way from the valve is letting it close.
: Try a stiffer main spring, or a lighter valve spring. Your sweet spot pressure will go up, but you won't suck a tank dry in a hopper and a half.

: : I've seen/read/tried this from Vantrepes web page, I could not get enough velocity when the reg sweet spotted using this method, it wasn't consistent either, but I tried.

: : : : Red valve (very heavy) and yellow hammer (very light) not your normal low pressure combination such as green valve yellow hammer. How far in is your velocity adjuster? I don't see how your valve is held open long enough to provide the amount of air required at that low of an operating pressure. Just curious.

: : : : Rick

: : :
: : : Well I can see 2 threads, that is about it. So it is not that far in at this point in time (250 fps).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.