paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

low pressure cocker questions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
violent_j
on November 25, 2002 at 13:00:32

set up .....2k2 vert feed cocker with 02 hinge, bomb three way, ans genx reg, 88 4500 hpa tank, stock bolt, ram, and front reg(micro rock on the way)......just installed a rat valve 3:16 and a kapp spring kit with the stock hammer.....gun shoots decent and cycles smoothly at 275 to 300 input pressure.......i have the velocity adjuster about three and a half turns in and the fps are around 290, but it jumps alot, like anywhere from 265 to 310.......the only way to get a consistent chrono reading is to fire three quick clearing shots and then three quick shots over the chrono and they are all around 285 to 290..........paint is fresh and my barrel set up is a freak system with a 16 inch tear drop tip.......the kapp spring kit came with two different sets of springs, green and yellow, i have the green set in now......i am also having trouble getting it to air up correctly.....if i cock the cocking rod before i air it up, it works fine, if i don't cock the cocking rod it will sometimes seal fine and other times it will leak bad down the barrel, not sure if it is directly related or not,.......the only other thing i am not sure of is efficiency.......i expected to be in the 225 to 250 operating pressure range, with consistency around 290 fps. on a full 4500 fill i could get about a full case out of the gun @ 285 to 290 fps. as long as my efficiency doesn't drop, i will be happy, the more i gain, the better. thanks for your help, from a back player trying to shoot more brittle paint, farther.......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.