paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Cocking Rod Answers

In Reply to: Re: Cocking Rod Question posted by Razorpb on November 25, 2002 at 14:39:02:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Vampyr

on November 25, 2002 at 19:02:59

: : I have issues with my cocking rod. When I try to unscrew it to adjust velocity, I unscrew the knob on the end instead of the rod. This seems to happen even when I tighten the allen screw in the tip. Is there a trick to doing this correctly?

Don't tighten the cocking rod in with a wrench. If you tighten the knob or the allen wrench down without holding something upstream, it will tighten into the hammer as well. Then it is guaranteed to unscrew anywhere but the hammer. You can try holding the knob with a wrench, and tightening the allen screw, then back off the wrench and see if it unscrews from the hammer.

I’ve also caught the knob on the end coming loose during play. How does the position on the knob effect the firing of the gun? I have a 02 Black Magic.

As far as adjustment here is what happens. If it is too long, the back block won't pull the hammer back far enough to catch the sear. If it is too short, the hammer lug and sear get beat bad from the hammer getting too much run up before the lug hits the sear. If it is way too short, the main spring gets fully compressed and bottoms out witout the bolt being able to fully open. This can also happen if the IVG is screwed in too far. What you want is the back block to pull the lug rearward off the sear about 3/32"-1/8". (Cock the gun then pull the back block. See how far it can pull the cocking rod before the ram bottoms. This doesn't have to be exact. Just eyeball it.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.