paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: low pressure cocker questions..............

In Reply to: Re: low pressure cocker questions.............. posted by violent_j on December 03, 2002 at 09:41:33:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on December 03, 2002 at 13:35:50

I think I may be missing something as well, I've sweetspotted my reg and still do not see the dramatic increase in efficiency, I've decided to just let it go and that some may just have the magic touch that I seem to lack in this area. I'm the happiest I've been with my cocker for efficiency, accuracy and consistency, if my shots per tank suffers a little, so be it I'll deal with it. Hope it helps.

Razor

: razor, i think i'm missing something here.....i could get 600 to 650 shots out of a full 68 3000 BEFORE i went to low pressure........with my original lp set up, (rat III, kapp green springs, kapp volumizer, palmer micro rock, bomb three way, stock ram, ans gen-x reg, and a stock bolt, input pressure at 200, chrono readings of 285, +/-5, i got 4/140's and a full revvy out of 2000 pounds of air from my 88 4500......that's like 725 shots. that's about the same rate of efficiency.......in other words no better than before.........the only other possible cause is that it was cold as balls during the testing and i had fresh paint but it was still a real loose fit in my smallest freak insert, .679.....if the paint to barrel match and temperature are the culprits then i should be shooting an even lower pressure once it warms up, right?
: : It sounds reasonable to me, my rough rule of thumb is 200 shots per 1000 psi, but others will dissagree, I was getting about 600 shots on an almost full 68 3000. I have yet to check my shots per tank since I sweetspotted the new Orracle valve and springs, but I'll post when I do.

: : Razor

: :
: : : thanks to vampyr and razor, you guys gave me a good starting point...............right now the gun is running at 200 input, micro rock is installed now, green kapp springs, (valve and hammer)stock hammer, ivg three turns in, chrono readings are 285,+/-5........gun airs up fine and shoots and cycles like a dream.......now for the efficiency, REAL BAD!!!!!!!!!!......shot 4 140 round pods and hopper and that sucked 1900 to 2000 pounds out of my 88/4500.......what's next?......try a stiffer valve spring and turn the pressure up to the 250 range?????thanks for your continued help..........violent-j

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.