paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Would like some suggestions...

In Reply to: Re: Would like some suggestions... posted by Angry_Hippie on December 05, 2002 at 15:03:31:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Vampyr
on December 05, 2002 at 21:26:35

Set it up like LPCD suggests. The old nosecones had sealing problems, I haven't heard of any with the new. Perhaps run higher pressure for awhile to get it to seal. I get good efficiency and fantastic consistancy. It is on par with a Tornado and eats the RATs.

: I looked at the rocket valve sight and they are running a christmas special 30$ shipped. So i ordered one. If I don't like it I'll just toss it in with my other extra parts.
: Thanks Again.

:
: : I've given the Rocket about 7 tries, I could never get it to stop leaking down the barrel, or get consistent performance out of it. I followed all the instructions I could find, got new and updated parts (clear cone) and nothing helped. You definetely have to tinker with it, I gave up. I'm much happier to just drop a valve in and go and not have to mess with tuning it. I did see some 300+ fps readings at 100 psi input, but also saw variances of 100 fps between some shots. Oh well, I'll stick with my current setup.

: : Razor

: :
: : : Thanks guys for the reply's.
: : : I have one question for you Vampyr. I've been doing research on the madman rocket. I really like the concept but there is not much written about it? how has your experience been with it?
: : : Does it perform as well as the other top valves? such as the AKA and Rat 3:16
: : : THanks Again

: : : : Maddman Rocket.
: : : : You'll need to read LPCDs Rocket install made easy. It is still available in the sections area of www.autococker.net
: : : : Maddman Springs. These are very good. It's the whole set so you can tune.
: : : : Your body is new enough. An LPC won't likely help. Some of the "New" LPCs really are just looks. Some aren't even really drilled out inside.
: : : : To avoid shoot down, you want a good reg. I'd say either of the WGPs or a Sidewinder. Ergos and stock can be a bit touchy to adjust, you can try replacing the spring pack (I have a post around here with the exact part number)
: : : : Hammer.. Either stock or lighter. (Since you refer to shoot down, I'm thinking you are looking for ROF)

: : : : : Try an Orracle valve, I'm extremely happy with it. I just went away from a Rat 3:16 and used the Orracle valve with the included spring set, sweetspotted and now get +/- 4 fps. A volumizer is alway a good idea to get more volume behind the valve. I polished my stock hammer and it works just fine. I recently went back to the stock WGP reg, the Ergo should be just fine, and easier to adjust (external) than my stock (internal) but once you set it correctly, you don't have to mess with it anyway. I've seen ANS inlines and the new Messiah reg on friends guns and don't see better performance for the high priced regs, compared to stock. Hope it helps, and saves some cash you'll need to spend on paint anyway with E-blade frame!

: : : : : Razor

: : : : :
: : : : : : At the moment I'm in the middle of building a custom electro cocker. This is my set up so far
: : : : : : vertical body 2000+
: : : : : : E-blade
: : : : : : aka lightning bolt
: : : : : : micro rock
: : : : : : sto ram

: : : : : : Now I would like some suggestions on the internals. I'm not planning on running low pressure, because the eye will prevent chops. But I don't want shoot down in rapid fire.
: : : : : : Do you think i need a volumizer?
: : : : : : What valve is good if i don't plan on going low pressure? I was thinking on going with the a stock valve, but I'm not sure on the valves flow rate in very rapid fire? Mabye spooler valve?

: : : : : : Next is hammer? Is heavier or lighter better in an electro cocker? I could just go with a high polished stock hammer?

: : : : : : Springs Well i guess this depends on the hammer and valve

: : : : : : Finally An in line regulator. I'll be using compressed air. I was thinking go with the good old Ergo reg, but i have heard good things about the Vigalanty and maxflo. But i don't know if i want to dish out 100$ for them if they are not any better?
: : : : : : Thanks everyone.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.