paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: "Advanced" timing question

In Reply to: "Advanced" timing question posted by ^Psycho^Skillz^ on December 30, 2002 at 08:11:22:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
vantrepes
on December 30, 2002 at 09:34:29

.."what I usually do is throw my firing point all the way forward in my pull, then move the cocking close to it and keep going closer until it stops working (i.e. hammers gettin pulled back early), then I move back out the usual bit for safeties sake but I never check for anything else"

You will also want to check the back block. It the pump arm can twist, and either screw farther into the block, or back out if it's not held in place some how.

"What exactly is this tp test or whats it do? and how is the blowback created? anything else I should know?"

The TP test checks for blow back. If the bolt opens too early in the cycle, then air will vent up the feed tube. One important thing, shoot paint when you do the test. The extra back pressure from the ball in the barrel will effect the results. A cocker can be timed so close that it will have a vacuum without paint, and blowback with paint.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.