paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: back block wont go forward

In Reply to: back block wont go forward posted by rick on December 31, 2002 at 05:03:51:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
PigTech
on January 03, 2003 at 12:00:11
Forum Moderator

: ok. i got a 2000 apl commemorative cocker off of someone for 180 with hinge trigger and barrel.

: now. i'm new to cockers to, i'm usually a mag guy. and my mag is myprimary gun but i wanted a cocker to toy with. but i'm not sure what this problem is. i have ideas but iunpo. but on to the problem.

: when i got it to work. ie pulling trigger, sear releasing, then cocking back, but when i release the trigger. the back block doesn't move forward.
: after like 3 or 5 secs, the 3way starts to vent the air like it normally does through the front. then the back block slowly moves forward. but if i push forward on the trigger. it goes back forward normally.
: i'm wondering if its the spring in the hinge?
: i've asked a few people, they said it was the timing in the lug nut. but i dont know.

: someone help.
: also. another question. exatcly how do i time the lug nut?

If I understand this right - the trigger is not returning forward, and when you push it forward, or it eventually moves forward, then the bolt moves forward as it should.

If that is the case....

1 - Your 4 way may not be lubricated - run a few drops of paintgun oil throught the gun.

2 - Your cocking pressure (the pressure out of the LPR) may be higher than it needs to be. This can sometimes cause the 4 way to bind up a little.

3 - Your link rod between the trigger and 4 way may be bent or in some way out of alignment causing the 4 way to bind.

4 - Some one may have done a "trigger job" by cutting the trigger return spring, or putting in one that is too weak - replace it with a stock spring if that is the issue.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.