paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Velocity Too High . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Drew_M
on January 12, 2003 at 19:53:18

Ok gang - I am stumped. I have been out of the sport too long and I seem to have forgotten everything I knew. I recently began playing again and I picked up a 2002 VF cocker. The mods are as follows:

- Evo bolt
- Evo valve
- Dye 12" SS barrel
- Shocktech hammer
- Maddman spring kit
- PMS Nitro Duck 3000PSI air system

The problem I am having is that I cannot run the pressure above 200PSI. If I go above that my velocity won't be below 319FPS (with the adjuster all the way out). I am already running the long Maddman red valve spring and the green hammer spring. What can I do to get the velocity down enough to run the pressure at the 250-280 it needs to be at? Does someone else make softer springs? Can I cut springs? Should I go back to the stock valve? Should I run a different LP valve?

Also - My old HVLP external reg was blown. I am thinking about the AKA Sidewinder. Does anyone have any recs on a good HVLP reg? I am currently setting the pressure via the reg on my air system but it is not real happy that low (I know this is not causing my problems however).

Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.