paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: lp barrel and lp cocking questions

In Reply to: lp barrel and lp cocking questions posted by Jon Frank on January 03, 2003 at 06:08:57:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 14, 2003 at 10:58:24

: I've read about how ported barrels and long barrels are bad for lp guns. With a cocker at 200-250 psi, would a 12 inch boomstick be efficient?

Well, Yes and No. You just limit how LOW the pressure can be set and still get 300 fps out the muzzle. Longer Barrels use more air to get it up to speed. Porting uses more air to get it up to speed too. You just loose efficiency. My zniper set up is a 18" zilenced barrel that contains 492 ports in the last 12". I can't run it under 300 psi and get 300 fps out the muzzle. Now that gives you a lot of working room. If I swap is out and put on my 14" Dye, it shoots 340 fps. If I put on my stock unported barrel, it shoot 360 fps. All with not velocity or pressure changes.

I'm working on some shorter versions 14-16" that are zilenced as well. Looking for that quieter setup for zniping.

: Now, I've been seeing alot of light hammers for high speed electro guns, I thought heavy hammers with light main springs are the way to go so you can lower the ram pressure and reduce stress, ball chopping, and "recoil". I also read that lp cocking and/or heavy hammers don't slow the cycling down at all because it wasn't the dead weight that causes the slow down, but the heavy springing. So, I concluded that heavy hammer + light spring would be faster than light hammer + heavy spring. Whats the deal?

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.