paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

You pay for Pretty

In Reply to: 03 vertical cocker VS. Black magic cocker posted by rocky123 on January 14, 2003 at 16:19:47:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 15, 2003 at 17:05:37

My memory is fuzzy so feel free to correct me.

I thought the Black Magic came with a LP valve and ran sub 300 psi and the O3 runs stock at 450-500 psi.

Now for $50 you can get a LP valve and spring set for an 03.

The front end is externally adjustable???? on the BM and internally adjustable on the stock 03. Ditto the main reg. Externally adjustable vs internally adjustable. Same performance.

You just have to decide how much you want to pay for the convenience of externally adjustable pneumatics and reg. Most people just leave them alone once they get their set up working and tweaked.

The ram and 3 way is the same except for the external cosmentics.

The stock ram is fine anyway and a shortened stroke 3 way is $40 and then it will out perform both.

Both are Vert feeds. The only other differece is the barrel selection.

My view is that you can buy the stock marker and upgrade it significantly ABOVE what a Black Magic is bought for. But pretty is important to some people and the BM is a sweet looking marker. Easy to spot at scenerio games all red and flashing chrome in the leaves.

: side by side preformance which is a better gun?
: cosmetics aside does the vertical cocker preform as well as a dressed up black magic? if not what are the diffrences.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.