paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Whoops anyway I forgot to say

In Reply to: Whoops anyway I forgot to say posted by The_Tenken on January 22, 2003 at 12:57:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Devon "Devman" Bain
on January 22, 2003 at 18:07:05

Is the Freak accurate is a rhetorical question. Almost all of your accuracy comes from your paint to barrel match, so if you have a barrel that can do this (such as the Freak) you will increase your accuracy dramatically. IMHO, the Freak is the best of the bunch. Sure, there's the new Pipe from PMI, but I just don't like the bore sizes. they're the in-between paint sizes. It gets 10/10 for looks, but when you look at the fact that you can have your freak tip anoed to match your marker, it doesn't hold a candle. There's the Empire barrel system as well, where you can change your front and your backs. But no one needs an 16" or God forbid an 18" monster of a barrel. find the length you like and stick with it.
As for the Dye sight, yes and no. Sure, a sight might be able to help you get on target better than without one, but I have never seen in a game of paintball (now remember this, I generally play tournament ball, that is, speed- and hyper- ball.) the time to line up your shot that well. If you want to increase your accuracy with something like a sight, practice snap shooting. I'm having to do it myself right now and here's how I'm going about it. When you go to the field, play with newbies. Sure, it's not a challenge, but here's the twist: Limit yourself to one ball per peek out of a bunker and only your hopper, no pods. If you don't hit them with that one ball, come back in and try it again. Soon, you should be a better snap shooter as well as more conservative on paint, specially since Marballizer isn't exactly cheap paint.

My $0.02,
Devman

"When you make your peace with authority, you become authority."
-James Morrison, The Doors

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.