paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Any Reg will work with any barrel

In Reply to: Barrels Lengths & Inline Regs? posted by PEZ on January 22, 2003 at 18:57:49:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 24, 2003 at 12:39:22

I agree with Body.... and want to add.

The Macro Line fittings are ideal for getting your set up tweaked in using a stock reg which is fine by the way. They become chronic leakers and have to be trimmed periodically so leave you line long. Once you get it set, go back to the stainless hose and fittings.

Once you get it set you won't an aftermarket reg that is externally adjustable to get bumped loose and creep on you.

Those regs with the Big Knobs look attractive and easy to use but they get loose and bumped. The first thing you loose is the set screw that is suppose to secure it from moving. I like the recessed allen type of external adjustment. Like on the Black Magic Cocker for example.

Don't install any fitting with the bottom section of the reg on the reg or marker. You'll jam it on and it is a real pain to get off or apart to adjust. A little BLUE Loctite and tighten it holding it in you hand and a wrench in the other. Let it dry overnight and you are set. That might be what you have been experiencing in part.

All the sections are O ring sealed and can be screwed together finger tight and aligned without leaking. Never use a tool to tighten any thread on the reg body. I found the ASA into the receiver is the best one to leave 'loose' to align the fittings. And of course you can buy a swivel 90 fitting for a Macroline.

Another pain adjusting a stock reg is you don't have a guage. That is almost a requirement.
Well, I bought a 0-300 (there are 0-800 & 0-1200)
Mini Guage. (SmartParts?)(1 inch diameter) from:

http://g3pb.com/

It will fit right into that plugged hole in the bottom of the front block. Then you can read your operating pressure of the reg and tweak with ease. Later you can replace the plug. I left mine in. It is well protected there and not in the way.

That front block plug is a pain to get out. Fair warning. Tip: Use a High Quality, brand NEW, Hardened steel allen wrench that hasn't any wear or rounded edges on the end. Use a vice for the front block and a breaker bar or pipe, on the allen wrench. Don't let the allen wrench back out of the hole and keep it square while you twist. Lean on it, HARD. Angle it and it will back right out of the hole.

I will buy your stock reg for $20 and pay for shipping if we can't talk you into keeping it.

Send me an Email. www.ddupont@charter.net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.