paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

I want external selectable mode like a M-16

In Reply to: thanks guys posted by Relentless on January 26, 2003 at 13:47:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 27, 2003 at 12:09:21

I'm your rec and scenerio player. Tactical situations present themselves where you would want to select different modes during play.

Many of the complaints about full autos comes from the fundamental design of current full auto markers that force players to use full auto in an inappropriate tactical situation. For example, bunkering a single player at close range. Something we've all experienced. 6 balls in 1/2 second.... Thats with the guy trying to be careful NOT to overshoot someone. How do you NOT overshoot people with 15 rps? Simple, the tactical situation that calls for it. Jumping into the same bunker with 10 players in it.

The basic BEEF is caused from the player not being able to select different modes during play. Rate of fire is a secondary issue though it is hard to justify 15 rps. I can think of only one pratical application for that rate of fire. Sniping at 50 yards. One ball will hit the guy's mask. I'd still prefer a 15 shot, 1 second burst mode rather than a true full auto.

: Maybe I didn't explain the new light hammers enough, the one I am looking into most of all is the FreeFlow hammer, it is the same weight as a stock hammer but half the surface area, reducing drag and friction...there are others out there that are made from new alloys that are lighter than stock but the more I look into them I like the FreeFlow idea. Sure it is only an idea and I might not even see the gains. But that is where I am looking for thoughts and experience on this.

: Bill, I read your article on the Race Gun, very nice, but I've seen some great E-Blade conversions in my area, so my abilities to do research on which frame as led more to the E-Blade as I have more access to it. Thanks for the help...

: And really, after getting 14, 15 balls a second, do I really need more, no! But I play nothing but tournaments, and that string of 3-4 balls is important for me when I pop out and to get back in right away, incase anyone is wondering why I want my electo to be even faster!
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.