paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Receiver body is 98

In Reply to: Re: Receiver body is 98 posted by Dale on February 05, 2003 at 13:01:48:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on February 05, 2003 at 15:50:50

I do beleive your body is not up to par with 2000 specs, the front block screw (holds the front block onto the main body) threads are like twice the size in the 2000 style bodies. You can get stock 2000 bodies for around $140 or you can have your existing body milled. But it sounds like it might be the problem to me.

Razor

: I understood at the time that 97 and earliers had smaller receiver port diameter. The port in the receiver between the bolt bore and the valve body. I understood 97 and earlier had a smaller total volume between the main reg and valve. I paid a lot of attention to this so I wouldn't have problems with LP and other upgrades available. And to avoid the expense of machining and modifying my receiver body.

: Did it changed since 98 then? What were the changes from 98 and 2000?

: I added a volumizer for this application and it had NO effect on velocity.

: Total volume in not a likely suspect...

: I'm still leaning that the guy just told me it was a LP valve and sold me a stock replacement.

: What I am experiencing is simular to what I could expect with a stock valve right????

:
: : Interesting problems. I was able to get well under 300 psi with the stock valve, 250 was my lowest and that was with the stock valve milled out like a spyder turbo valve, I believe I was using the blue and blue Maddman springs. I then tried the Rat 3:16 and actually had to increase my pressure to almost 300 psi to get velocity up to par, it was more restrictive. I then got an Orracle valve assembly from WGP, came with springs cups seal and valve body and dropped them in. I'm now running at 280 psi, 280 fps +/- 2 fps (whole system sweetspotted of course, with stock reg), and am the most happy I've ever been with my cocker. One other thought, do you have an older body without the volume and flow increases they did in 2000? That could be part of the problem, and you can always have a pre 2000 blown out to 2000 specs, my machinist did it on his 96 cocker and solved a bunch of his problems, some of them similar to what your mentioning. Hope it helps Dale, let me know.

: : Razor

: : : Well it is winter and one just has to tinker and tweak..

: : : I decided to put my 14" Dye on and change the valve and hammer spring to see if I could get my operating pressure below 300 psi which people seem to do all the time....

: : : I supposedly bought a LP valve over a year ago. Been working fine with that 18" gas hog zniper barrel but at 300 psi.

: : : I HAD the lightest spring for the valve. and the Medium spring for the hammer. Went to the heavy spring behind the hammer and added a volumizer.

: : : The result was unchanged. It took 300 psi to get 300 fps out of the 14" Dye.

: : : Seems like the increased valve duration and volume behind the valve would/should have an effect over the original set up...

: : : Switching back to the medium hammer spring also resulted in NO change of velocity. It should have been different with no other changes being made.

: : : Now wouldn't that result suggest the WITH additional volume behind the valve AND with increased valve duration open time, that there STILL isn'nt sufficient RATE of Flow through the valve.

: : : If more air went through the valve from the increased open duration AND volume, then it was too late and the ball, long gone out the barrel..

: : : The VALVE seems to be the flow restriction. You know like the stock valve that we have to replace to get below 300 psi?

: : : I think I might just not have a LP valve in it afterall.........

: : : Any other explainations? Things to try? A way to tell for sure other than pulling out my old stock valve and seeing how simular it is to my NEW LP valve? What do I look for?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.