paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

I agree...

In Reply to: Re: A few answers about your COCKER! posted by BodyByHostess on February 12, 2003 at 09:55:28:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on February 12, 2003 at 14:44:39

Nothing wrong with those stock components, just a little more time to adjust, but once adjusted you should never have to mess with them, unless you start changing things like springs, valves, hammers etc. I use the stock inline reg and ANS pneumatics for the front. Hope it helps.

Razor

: : 1rst Question i need to know, is there any thing i need to do once i switch over from CO2 to compressed air? other then lower the presure....

: Pressure is pressure and you shouldn't have to make any adjustments at all if your gun is working well now. If you're getting a fixed output, screw-in system...simply screw it in in place of your CO2 tank and you should be good to go. Otherwise, you might need a new drop forward/cradle. Btw, if you're getting a fixed output tank, I would avoid the low pressure ones (set at 400-450psi) as that can be too low for consistant operation depending on your regulator and operating pressure.

:
: : Next i have a Stoke cocker 2002 WGP, and i was wondering do i need to change my Regulater allot of people have told me i should, but they worked at the paintball store...

: IMHO, the only reason to replace a perfectly good stock reg with a new one is to gain external adjustability. You won't gain much at all in performance or consistancy. My advice is, get a QD (quick disconnect) and stick the nipple on the bottom of the stock reg. With the QD in place it's much easier to remove your input hose which makes it super easy to access the adjusting screw on the stock reg. If you do this, remember to turn your tank off before disconnecting the hose :) Or, buy a pro-connect as these can be disconnected even when fully pressurised (they're a bit pricy, but really cool).

:
: : Lastquestion is how bad is the stock front block on a cocker?

: The stock block/pneumatics on a 2K2 cocker are great. Like the inline reg, the only reason to replace the stock LP reg is to gain external adjustability. Just keep in mind that the pneumatic pressure is something you should not need to adjust nearly as often as you'll need to adjust your HP reg.

:
: : Thanks please e-mail me at OLYCOOPER@ATTBI.COM

: Sent a copy :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.