paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: The cocker's days are probably numbered.....

In Reply to: Future of the autococker posted by fyrwulf on February 19, 2003 at 13:19:47:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on February 20, 2003 at 02:05:04

756,465,857,853,207,465 days is my best guess...

It is one of the few high end markers that has copycats for every body piece and style.

Factory made by numerous different companies.

Aftermarket parts galore and new ones comming out all the time.

I'll guarantee those people running those companies would be looking for other ways to make a living is the "market" for autocockers was drying up. Instead everyone is comming out with the 'best upgrade' money can buy for the autococker. They want a piece of that growing market.

It is FUN to tinker with. Tweak. Personalize. Customize. Part of the popularity.

The people that just think money can buy the "most advanced paintball marker in the world" and somehow by magic believe they can play the Nationals this fall are mistaken. The tweakers get cockers.

People ask me what kind of gun is that? Because my sniper set up looks very NOT cocker.

Yeah the tournament players have their fans for the cocker but us old farts like its accuracy, and quiet operation for sniping and scenerio games.

Let's say it is very versatile.

Go look at some of the brand names listed on the Warpig Medium and Low end markers. Names and brands new and unfamiliar to many.

The Autococker IS an old marker, and EARNED it reputation by performing on the field. If it didn't perform, it would have died a just death a long time ago. Need I list the ones that have come and gone....?

There is a reason they show up at national tournaments that aren't sponsored by the marker manufacturer... So they can win.

Christ! it is all mechanical. You can play in the rain with it! I'm going Saturday. Supposed to have inches of snow! Who cares! The electro markers will stay home. Wussies!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.