paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

A few interjections..

In Reply to: something like a bargain but posted by DaveA on February 22, 2003 at 15:34:33:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Razorpb
on February 24, 2003 at 16:13:39

You can have a 98 or older body machined to fit the new banjo bolt and match 2000 specs, get a 2000 back block and you'll be able to use any of the new parts that are constantly coming out. But for the amount you'll end up paying for the gun and machining and parts, I think you'll be better off starting with a brand new stock cocker and going from there. Hope it helps.

Razor

: if you wanted it, offer about 150 tops. The reasons are thus-
: you can get a 03 for around 350 and it is almost completely tricked as it comes out of the box.
: The new stock barrels are very good, though the boomstick is a great barrel.
: The new 4way is an STO 4way which was the best stock one until the spool came out. The valving is improved from days of olde, and the body is considerably lighter than the 98 model.
: The grip frame is questionably on par with the old stock ones, they went from aluminum to plastic which weighs a lot less, but it's also less durable it seems, but it'll take a while to break it so don't worry too much.
: The banjo bolt and front block system of the 98 is still the older small style that changed I think in 2000. The new bolt size allows for a bigger valve chamber and so better flow.
: BTW the Evil Front blocks are just amazing. You can get them as stand alone pieces without components and they're lighter and have a great flow system.
: All in all the cockers keep getting better and better so I would say to get a new 03 over an older cheap, though cheap cocker.
: Yes you will be able to find plenty of parts and you'll be able to make it a realllly fine gun. But you won't be able to use some of the new things that have been coming out that are for the slightly shorter backblock and the larger banjo hole.
: You also will not benefit from the machining work that has made what was once the gun for weightlifters (that and the VM68) into something even the limp wristed electroboyz can carry, if they dared.
: The only thing I don't personally like abuot the 03 is that it's centerfed, and I'm not entirely sure if the sight rail is real or like the Eranger's too small for any normal sight fittings.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.