paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

the differences

In Reply to: First Autococker posted by Crazy_Eyes on February 25, 2003 at 22:43:40:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
DaveA
on February 26, 2003 at 18:47:41

there are some major differences in the 03 vertical and the 02 sidefeed. The most obvious is the feed. I fyou plan on using a sight, it has to be an open eye sight if you wanna get the 03. Not a big deal, but if you're used to a reddot you can't use it with the 03 for obvious reasons.
Cleaning a gack on a vertical feed is a little harder and messier than with the standard feed. But it does feed faster.

The next and more important difference is the trigger. The 03 comes with a gen2 hinge. The 02 comes with a very good STO plate trigger. The hinge makes the trigger very easy to 'learn' whereas with the slide trigger you'll have to get a feel for the gun. It's not a big deal, but it does require a slight learning. (My friend Jess got an STo last year and was having huge problems with it, he was going nuts adn kept taking it to the store. I kept telling him it was his fingers, and he spent a whole day just triggering and now forgetaboutit he's madhouse fast with it.)
I found that with a hinge trigger you'll rarely get a stuck 4way or any such problems related to the trigger plate.

The 03 is also lighter weight than the 02. They've done even MORE milling, this time some internal stuff.

What else...
I'm not sure, but if they're sending the 03 with a KANER barrel, you don't have to worry immediately about a new barrel. The kaner I got with my Eranger is really great.

If I was buying a new cocker, the 03 would be the one, though I'd prefer a sidefed cuz I like using a sight.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.