paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

A properly timed cocker shouldn't blow back....

In Reply to: bolt orings and loaders posted by Cruton on February 26, 2003 at 20:17:35:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on March 01, 2003 at 11:46:10

At any rate of fire but a ever so slightly out of time marker can shoot great at 5 rps and rip paint apart at 10-15 RPS.

It takes TIME for that ball and the column of air pushing it to leave the barrel. If you still have positive pressure in the chamber and barrel when the bolt opens across the ball chute, you have blow back.

At slower rates of fire, you have TIME for the ball to leave and pressure to go to zero or actually to a Negative Pressure that will literally suck you ball into the chamber.

(Hence the famous toilet paper test.)

At higher rates of fire you open the bolt closer to the point (timewise)that there is still pressure in the barrel.

Remember, all this tweaking to get the autococker to 'maximum performance' results in tweaking it right to the edge of Not Performing at all.

LP only can go so low before it ceases to produce 300 fps. The REG can produce so much volume at a given pressure to keep up with a rate of fire.

The sear return spring can only move the sear so fast back into the full up position.

The bolt can only open so many times per second before there still is pressure in the barrel that WILL cause blowback.

There ARE physical LIMITS. The grey line between working and not working is a very thin one and that is were it starts acting up at high rates of fire.

You have to give it a shot. I understand. Been there and done that. Part of the fun..

Just remember your markers reliability on the field of play IS the most important "Performance Factor". Go find the "Edge" then back off so you have that reliability factor.

You have to tactically weigh the difference between 7 rps and 15 rps in terms of actually tagging your opponent versus the reliabilty you need to play the entire game. How many more tags do you actually get per game at 15 rps?

Personally, I like the real fast markers because generally all I have to do is wait till they break a ball.... It will happen within the first minute of two and then they are defenseless and MINE.

They have their head up or down. I don't need a high rate of fire to shoot a head that is down. Or to keep it down for that matter.

My performance goal is to just need ONE shot to hit a head that is up.

That performance goal can't be bought at your local paintball store.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.