paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Slotted Vertical ASAs & Timing Rods

In Reply to: Re: Slotted Vertical ASAs & Timing Rods posted by Razorpb on March 18, 2003 at 16:03:58:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
esperto96

on March 20, 2003 at 18:25:28

Razor pretty much answered Dale's question for me. The point of the open slot is so you can leave the timing nut/rod at exactly the way it is. As is, I have to loosen the two halves of the rod to get it out (taking it out of time). Its not a problem going from cocker to sniper but once you want to go back your going to have to screw them back together and try to get the rod back to the proper length (possibly requiring retiming). I just want to save myself some time at the field when I switch back to cocker.

My biggest concern with this mod is if it will allow too much side to side motion of the rod and cause the 3 way to leak or the rod to come out from the trigger hole in the middle of a game? Or am I just worrying about nothing?

Playing with your fancy cocker as a pump is a hoot. I love it. It hearkens me back to the old days when everybody played pump. Everyone should give it a try (at 25 or 30 bucks its hardley a huge investment).

: Hey Dale, for the sniper 2 kit the whole front block comes off with the pump arm, and you replace it with the volumizer/pump slide, pump handle and straight pump arm. My machinist started doing that slot in the asa about 3 years ago and now were starting to see them on custom/production guns like Dye. I got my kit direct from WGP, retail is about $25. Very nice, it's fun to play pump with you primary gun, and one of the reasons I'm holding off on the electro frame purchase. Waiting for a single slide trigger, all in the grip frame, pump convertable and palm compatible.

: Razor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.