paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: hinge setup difficulties, please help

In Reply to: hinge setup difficulties, please help posted by bobby on March 24, 2003 at 19:29:16:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
BodyByHostess

on March 25, 2003 at 09:58:12

First off, you've done everything right so far. Switching the hoses is critical to having your gun work properly with a hinge.
You're also right that the actuating rod needs to be adjusted. (A new trigger frame will typically move your actuator a little closer to or further from your 3-way.)
There is a coupler between the actuator and the 3-way shaft. It's got 2 set screws. Loosten the one closest to the trigger (leave the one closest to the 3-way alone). Then you should be able to rotate the coupler around the actuator to either lengthen or shorten it. You can test it with the set screw loose (or even out). You want the gun to cycle just after the sear is released. If the back block moves before the sear is released, shorten the actuator until it's right. If the back block moves too far after the sear is released, lengthen the actuator a bit. When you're happy with it, replace or tighten the set screw.

: i bought a new 2002 vertical cocker and it came with a free hinge. i tried to install it. i took the single standard frame off. then i put the hinge on. its on securely and is comfortable but i have one problem. the actuating rod is wierd ,
: the three way is leakin air. i learned that you have to swicth the 2 outside hoses and i did that. but then i noticed inside the 3-way, the acuating rod is connected to that little rod that slides in the 3-way and it comes short of the front hose whole/channel is not reached buy the little rod thats connected to the actuating rod.
: how do i adjust this?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.