paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: co2 in cocker

In Reply to: Re: co2 in cocker posted by BodyByHostess on March 25, 2003 at 10:04:37:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Jasleth

on March 25, 2003 at 12:00:28

CO2 will work fine in the cocker yes....but....

When you can afford to I recommend saving up for a compressed air tank IF compressed air is supported in your area (some places still dont have compressed air or all day air available yet) Check your local fields and stores first and if they do support it - jump on it soon as you can save up enough for a good sized tank. I strongly recommend the 68/4500 size for most players with some front players taking 45/4500 for a more compact feel.

HPA (High Pressure/Compressed Air) tanks give you more consistency (no liquid/gas conversion problems its always a gas), is cleaner (CO2 is a fairly dirty gas...) and is much much much less conducive to corrosion (CO2 causes a lot of condensation externally and internally and can be a rust nightmare). Overall it is much better for both play and maintenance.

all that having been said though...yea I used CO2 in my old cocker for years - over time the biggest difference between CO2 and HPA was that while using CO2 I had to be much more attentive to fully breaking down and cleaning/oiling the entire marker than I do now. =P

Jasleth

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.